Austral Group designs and organizes global business education experiences for leading business schools, corporations and business associations from around the world. Together with our clients, we create highly customized online experiential learning activities and organize international travel logistics.
Austral Group was founded 15 years ago and since then we have partnered with more than 200 Universities globally, organizing 1,200 travel programs and online learning modules focused on Latin America, USA and Europe for 41,000 students. Our Company continues to grow, and we are constantly evaluating opportunities to widen our geographic footprint and client base.
As Travel Services Coordinator you will help us build and maintain strong working relationships with Austral Group’s airline and hotel providers. You will be responsible for quoting, negotiating and booking group contracts with different travel service providers, taking into account our client needs and our standards of service. You will also be a source of expertise in the airline and hotel market in Austral Group’s destinations, proactively providing ideas and suggestions for best providers and solutions to meet our clients’ needs.
Primary Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Handle day-to-day operations of quoting and booking group travel services with a focus on group flights;
- Negotiate with travel agencies and airlines in order to secure the best possible rates and booking terms;
- Review and sign travel services contracts and process the related provider payments;
- Issue flight tickets, update passenger lists and conduct web check-ins;
- Ensure our provider database is kept up-to-date with rates, booking terms, and relevant provider data;
- Keep up with changes in the travel and hospitality market in Austral Group’s destinations and be prepared to make suggestions for improved purchasing strategies;
- Maintain regular contact with our providers regarding the quality of service, rates, booking terms and client feedback;
- Monitor flight status and communicate to internal and external teams accordingly. Occasionally address airline contingencies as they arise, including on the weekend and evening-hours;
- Provide support for the hotel coordinator with corresponding hotel quoting, booking and check-in tasks.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree or at least 3 years of prior work experience in areas related to travel services;
- Prior work experience in a travel agency or an airline is a plus;
- Strong aptitude in computing skills, quick adaptability to new software and database systems;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, balancing multiple requests from internal and external partners;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, able to balance a series of critical deadlines;
- Possess strong negotiation skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, creativity, positive attitude and passion for travel industry;
- High level of English required; high level of Spanish desirable.