As a service business striving to go “Above & Beyond,” Austral Group places its people and culture at the core. Your charge as HR Director will be to help us institutionalize the practices that can power the continued growth and success of our people, culture and company. We seek a dynamic, multinational HR professional who will lead all strategic and transactional HR functions. These range from recruitment, selection and onboarding, performance and talent management, employee development and engagement to administrative and transactional matters such as payroll and benefits. As HR Manager you will work in close partnership with the company’s CEO and leadership team on the development and execution of Austral’s HR Strategy. The role requires an experienced, proactive and results-oriented professional comfortable leading in a small, entrepreneurial yet increasingly global organization. Your role is instrumental in facilitating an employee-oriented, high performing, collaborative, diverse and inclusive workplace culture.
- Work collaboratively with department leaders across all Austral Group locations to support in their hiring needs, performance management, talent development and general HR administration.
- Partner with the management team on prioritized strategic initiatives such as talent development and resource and succession planning.
- Design and implement overall recruiting strategy and oversee candidate selection (sourcing,screening, interviewing, testing and assessment, onboarding, etc.) for all Austral Group offices and locations.
- Oversee new hire orientation and onboarding experience for all new employees.
- Lead the performance review and objective setting process and ensure that performance management is an ongoing and effective process.
- Coach department managers on providing feedback and setting objectives to identify and develop strong performers.
- Support current and future business growth through the development, engagement and motivation of current staff: Identify talent and training needs including collaboration with department leaders, management team, and employees to meet those needs by designing and facilitating training and learning opportunities. Develop training materials (manuals, videos etc.)
- Oversee payroll and external payroll providers for Austral international offices.
- Monitor the organization's compensation and incentive plan and conduct annual benchmarking exercises to ensure we remain competitive with relevant external markets.
- Actively participate in annual budget planning/labor forecasting process with management team and heads of departments.
- Work in close partnership with company CEO, helping refine and institutionalize key cultural practices.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proven leadership role in strategic HR, preferably in a multinational and/or entrepreneurial environment.
- Previous experience in transactional HR processes such as payroll and benefits, or ability to quickly learn, master and supervise.
- Proven ability to form strong and trusted relationships with internal clients, stakeholders, and department managers.
- High degree professionalism, trust and judgment.
- Ability to set high personal goals and work independently.
- Ability to organize, multi-task, prioritize and delegate.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to deliver highly structured and scalable work product.
- Proven knowledge and experience with recruiting processes and solid ability to conduct different types of interviews.
- Proven ability to effectively coach employees and managers through different issues (providing feedback, performance management, conflict management, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of HR employment laws, particularly in Chile, Peru, Brazil and the US. Ability to learn quickly, apply and comply with labor laws in other countries where Austral Group operates today or may operate in the future.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information; high degrees of integrity and discretion are essential.
- Some previous experience managing a small team would be a plus.
- Strategic critical thinker with a creative and growth mindset.
- Ability to learn fast and adapt to a changing, flexible and growing environment.
- Ability to travel to current and future Austral offices.